AS “NordBrik” product quality standard and operation rules
- AS “NordBrik” products comply with the approved standards: LVS EN 1338:2004 or LVS EN 1340:2003/AC:2007. All products are manufactured by two-layer technology (the top layer is not less than 5 mm, only the top layer is coloured). The products with coloured entire mass are manufactured only upon the customer’s special order.
- The external surface of the products may have dents, protrusions or pores without exceeding 4-5 mm longitudinally and 3-4 mm in depth.
- In certain cases, when the cement hydrates (reacting with water), various hydration products or white spots (efflorescence) occur. Occurrence of the white spots on the concrete product is not considered as defective product – it is a standard feature of portland cement consolidation. Occurrence of the white spot bleeding cannot be prevented, they will disappear in time. It does not decrease the product quality. Efflorescence is more visible after winter or if the paving stones have been stored in packaging plastic film for a longer term. If the products are used in locations without rainwater access, these white spots can remain for a longer period of time.
- While wet surface dries, it may show hair-like cracks. These small crack do not decrease the material quality.
- The top layer of paving stones can have visual scraping that occurs during transporting. Likewise during installation of the paving stones, after ramming, the surface may show scraping. It does not decrease the product quality.
- To decrease the potential tone differences, while installing grey and painted paving stone, it is recommended to ensure the effect of natural randomness, by installing each square meter from at least three different pallets.
- The tone of the paving stone surface can vary when the surface is wet or dry.
- In case of disagreement between buyer and manufacturer, samples shall be submitted to the accredited testing laboratory under test conditions for at least 14 days prior to commencement of the test.
- The paving stone and road borders are transported and stored on transport pallets, they are loaded and unloaded by lifting mechanisms.
- It is allowed to start installing the paving stones 5 days at the earliest after their manufacture without load (ramming or using any machinery of more than 2 tons). Ramming is allowed only in 7 days after manufacture. Full operation is allowed in 28 days after manufacture, when the concrete paving stones reach their maximum strength.
- As the strength and stability of paving stone is determined depending on the quality of the foundation structure and its compliance with the expected operation requirements, upon its installation it is important to observe the requirements specified in the effective construction norms and technical regulations.
- The paving stone cannot be subdued to long-term dynamic mechanic load that exceed the load specified in the LVS. During operation, it is prohibited to perform operations that cause defects to the product structure (for example, movement of vehicles with metal caterpillar tracks), subject the cover to larger load than provided in the project. This can break or damage the surface of the paving stone.
- Upon washing the paving stone with high-pressure water jet, large difference in temperature is not allowed. It is recommended to use cold water jet for washing. To clean the paving stone, it is not allowed to use non-certified chemical substances that are not meant for cleaning concrete products.
Sharp pointed tools and mechanisms without rubber cover cannot be used to remove snow and ice from the surface of the paving stone.
- During the winter time, the cover will not be slippery, sand should be used. During the first year of use, it is prohibited to use salt to melt the snow because the salt can cause damage to the concrete structure. In certain situations, when it is important to liquidate the ice cover, only the technical magnesium chloride salt can be used.
- After the paving stones are installed at the object, to fill the distancer gaps between the paving stones or borders, only fine sand may be used (size: ≤ 0.063 mm) with the particle content of less than 3 of mass %.
- After installation of paving stone or concrete borders, transporting construction material, construction waste, soil over them or storin on them can cause permanent stains or damage.